Leveling sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

haidar06

Hi All,

I am a new user in this forum and hope that to a get an answer which could push me a bit further on my project,

My question simply is that, I am trying to get a sensor or a servo which just gets me the angle on the real space,
Looking at the link below shows a digital builders level which provides an accurate degree on the space, for example if it stands vertically shows the figure 90 and so on,
Stabila Type 196E Digital Electronic Masonry & Construction Builders TECH Levels Carpenters Level & Carrying Case, Replacement End Caps, Mounting Hook Rack, Lens
Simply, I need the same technology but be able to read it from the PC while the angle changes,

If any one knows about a sensor, servos or any other facilities would really be appreciated,

Many Thanks

I think they sell one on Sparkfun, try over there. Look under sensors -> accelerometers.

Did you look at the bluetooth unit? Gives degrees output, 3 axis accelerometer, gyro, wireless - all kinds of goodness for this side of two Benjamins.

"3 axis accelerometer, gyro" are sensors that are "relative" to the power-up position. They would require you to calibrate at a known reference angle each time you turned it on. This might not be a problem depending on the application. I think the sensor that the OP needs, in their reference to the level, is an "inclinometer". These are "absolute" angle sensors.

Ken

"3 axis accelerometer, gyro" are sensors that are "relative" to the power-up position.

No, accelerometers are absolute for reading gravitational acceleration.

That Witilt has a "degree" mode that uses all 3 accelerometer axis to determine tilt in any orientation. 2-axis units can't do that.

However, Eric's link shows less expensive and more precise devices.

Which also use accelerometers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…