Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Li-poly batteries online store suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypersnapper

Hello, can i ask where can I buy Li-Poly batteries with charger at a reasonable price? I really need to power 2 motors. I am using 1/16 tank. Thank you in advance for your suggestions

I buy American Thunder-Power Li-Po batteries from my local hobby store. They work very well and for many charge-discharge cycles. They are 4th-Generation.
All or most other Li-po batteries are older 3rd-Generation that fail after not many charge-discharge cycles.
My friend buys Chinese Turnigy Li-Po batteries from HobbyKing online. They cost almost nothing but are very poor quality.

I've used Turnigy Li-Po batteries from Hobbyking, and had lots of success with them.

After ~100 cycles, all of my packs are still above their rated capacity, and all the cells are still matched well. I balance them on every charge as a precaution, and don't run them down below 3.2v/cell - keep good care of them, and they'll do a very good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back