Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light up 6 LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Hi I want to light up 6 red colour LEDs from a 12V supply (vehicle battery).

Don't think about the input part of the transistor the pulse coming from a micro controller.

Can anybody tell me is my circuit looks ok?

Attachments

• 6 LED.JPG
    6 LED.JPG
    6.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Don't think about the input part of the transistor the pulse coming from a micro controller.

hi,
Looks OK to me, if you added some component values, we could say for sure.:)
Also draw the symbol for the LED's to ensure their polarity.

Last edited:

It will basically work. However these days most people use a MOSFET transistor to do switching function, less loss, easier to drive.

Lefty

Hi I planned to put two 47R resistors

Code:
14v-6v=8v

v=ir
8=20/100*R
40=R

hi Suraj,
Check that 40R calculation.

Rs = 8V/0.02 = 400R. !!

Last edited:
Ooooops sorry my mistake it should be 400R so its better place two 470R resistors.

Yes, 470Rs will give you a current of 17mA which will be enough to light up 20mA LEDs quite nicely and provide a little breathing room for the LEDs.

Torben

Yes, 470Rs will give you a current of 17mA which will be enough to light up 20mA LEDs quite nicely and provide a little breathing room for the LEDs.

Torben

Nice to see you are caring.!

Disclaimer:
No LED's were harmed in anyway, while making this project.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back