line follower requirement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhammad108

Hi every one.
I am trying to build a line follower robot but I dont know wath kind of sensor would be usfull, light sensor or IR one.
please help me on this topic.
:roll:

falleafd said:
For line tracker, IR is commonly used, but I used red light led, and found it better than IR.

Do you have a complete design for the line follower robot, I mean the circuit layout and the firmware and a complete details for the components.

Thanks inadvance

Sorry, I lost all my data as I quitted uni, and I don't know where to find it. But the fact that I just replace IR led and IR receiver by red led and phototransitos. I built it as indentically as many other IR transceivers.

Hi!

falleafd, why do you find that Red is better than IR ? Is it simply for troubleshooting because you can see it ?

Red led is stronger than IR, and it can easily receive by phototransistors. You can put xmit and rx package of Red led + transistor outdoor, and you still receive good signal. But with IR transceiver, it may cause some noises. You may do experiments to see that.

please read!

hi!
it was yesterday that I could find this great website.
you know?!
I am going to make a line follower robot and after seraching this topic in internet, i found this useful weblog.
i think i need to your help.
my friends!
in this site we have many expert in electronics. plz help us to enter this world with your ideas.
I am waiting for your messages about line follower robots.
thanks.

ive made a line follower. no programing at all. it was for my year ten project. i wish i had skills and resources at the start so i could program it. neways, i used a simple ir detector/emmiter. the hardest part of line following is the ambient light hanging around the sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…