line tracer robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeXtear

emm hello I'm new at this forum,so please go easy on me
here's the problem:
I'm newbie to robotic but I need to make a line tracer robot for my lab final project competition without the use of micro-controller or any programmable devices.
the track for this is black like on white background and it's really just a line but with:1 meter straight line,one and a half period of sinusoidal wave,a little straight line,one and a half period of triangular wave,a little straight line,one and a half period of square wave, a little straight line and finish.(sorry if this hard to understand I'll try to draw an image of it and attach it later).there's two lane and the distance between each lane only 10 cm.
can somebody help me?I know there's already a similar topic about this here after googling it but it's still hard for me to understand it.

I'm not sure, but will 3 leds 3 photoresistors, 3 logic NOT gates, some diodes, resistors and two motor on the front wheels do it?

There are many line followers on this forum, just search!

You can use this excellent desing (PCB and schematics)... works fine, very easy to build..

Attachments

• x-easysniffer.pdf
    380.2 KB · Views: 2,595
thank you anthony,gotta try it.
problem is almost every topics always suggest that you should use micro and the term for this lab final project is:make a line tracer robot without the use of:micro controller,FPGA, or any programmable device....this term sucks
Do I need to use a H-bridge to drive the motor or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…