Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linistepper

Status
Not open for further replies.

R!f@@

I build one but I can't seem to get it working.
It might be my programming skills.

The stepper is already built. I am using the ASM file in web page. I copy past to MPLAB and it build fine. But during the final stage of programming I get "Error writing PIC id area". Every time on every pic tht I have. I am using PIC16F628A.

As I cannot post long messages, my code in in the second most if I can. :eek:

What am I doing wrong ?

By the way. Can any one tell me should the enable be high or low to be active, what about the Dir, & En. As they are tied to GND, I believe a +5V in needed to activate them, right?

I am using a 2 pin Xtal (16Mhz). The circuit shows a 3 pin ceramic resonator one. I am telling this cause I cannot get a wave form from the PIC OSC pins from my scope :confused:. Is this an issue ?

What are my problems. ? :p

Hello, I'm the guy who designed the linistepper.

I have no idea about your "Error writing PIC id area" fault code. The ASM code on the page you linked to has been used by hundreds of people and is fine, so my guess is that it an issue with your programmer, or how you setup the options/config in your programmer software.

Re the "enable" pin, if you look in the top of that code, the comments state "but POWER is now "ENABLE" (active LOW)" so the ENA pin needs to be at 0v for the motor to run. DIR pin will not matter, it only changes the direction the motor turns and nothing else.

You need to apply DEBOUNCED pulses to the STEP pin to make the motor turn, generally a 555 oscillator etc is fine. Pressing a button on the STEP pin will cause problems due to button bounce.

If you are using a 2pin xtal at 16MHz you need to add two 15pF caps to the PCB, you can solder these under the PCB between the 3 pads, with the middle pad being ground of course. So one cap from middle pin to the outside pin.

hi,
I downloaded RB's Linistepper program, it assembles ok in Oshonsoft.
E.

Hi R!f@@, good to see you here at ETO!

Got a few questions:

1) Did you clear the chip before trying to load the code onto it?

2) Did you use the "project wizard" included in MPLab? If not, you probably have it set to the wrong device.

3) What version of MPLab are you using?

4) What programmer are you using?

Hope you can get this figured out. Good luck!

Regards,
Matt

Thanks RB for clearing out my doubts. I am trying to get a second programmer. My Willempro is driving me nuts now.

Hey Der. How's it going. Thanks for the concern but I know my programmer is out.

Thanks for the rest of the members.

I will post back once I got the chip programmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back