Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linksys WRE45G problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasergps

So I was resetting my Linksys WRE45G range expander the other night, and well after I unplugged it then plugged it back in, I got no lights on it. I have 120 going into the circuit, and don't have a schematic on the device so I don't have any idea on what I should be seeing through the rest of it. Anybody that has repaired one before or if possible has a schematic on one that would be great help. Thanks for your assistance with MY problem.

you have 120 going into where?

in the old days, before Cisco turned Linksys into Crapsys, the linksys contained internal switch-mode power supplies, and ran on unregulated dc power supplies (wall warts). Newer crapsys gear outsourced the smps into the wall wart, which provides regulated 3.3 or 5v current for the device.

so, what does your trusty meter read on the output end of the power cord, that is, the end which plugs into the linksys?

you indicate this is a new device. I recommend returning to the place of purchase for exchange rather than voiding your warranty trying to trace the fault.

I have 3.3 volts on the output of the power supply, and that is where I was unsure of whether it needed to be 5v or if 3.3v were ok. The device is about 2 years old, and I didn't think it would be warrantied. On the output cable there are 4 wires 2red 2black and all of them have 3.3v onto the linksys board.

So, I re-read and figured out you are speaking of an external power supply. The power supply is internal on this device with 120ac going into it, and the power supply on the inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back