Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux arm executable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad777

Hello.

I am gearing up for Linux arm programming on both Raspberry Pi and my new (used)
android phone.

I installed Samba fileshare and es file explorer on my phone and now I am connected
to my windows home network in both directions.

The next thing I wanted to do is just run a Linux executable to see if it works,
but I can't seem to find one on the net.

So I ask if someone can please post hello world compiled executable for Linux/Android
ARMv6. I just want to run it like: ./hello

Many thanks.

you can try this one... no guarantees though...

compiled with:
"arm-elf-g++.exe" "c:\users\tong\Desktop\hello.c" -O3 -o c:\users\Tong\Desktop\hello -mcpu=arm6

I've no idea why it's that size.. the -O3 didn't seem to do anything to the size. The hello.c file is just a printf("hello\n"); in the main function.

I installed Android Terminal Emulator (Jack Palevich) on my phone, but when I try chmod 777 hello, it says operation not permitted.
The phone is running cyanogenmod 7 , and I assumed it's rooted.

Am I wrong?

You may have to use 'su' or equivalent to work as a superuser to run chmod...

You can try the attached file (it's a .tgz in a zip), it should have the permissions already set. You may have to extract using the tar/tgz with -p option to preserve permissions, but I wouldn't know. Maybe someone who knows what they're talking about might chime in ;)

If that doesn't work you can have a look at the Android NDK (Native Development Kit)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back