LM34 help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
The circuit should be ok as drawn.
Can you confirm that the resistor is 180K.?

What type of voltmeter are you using.?

using a digital voltmeter, and the resistor i am using is around 100k

EDIT:
When i keep the sensor under a bottle of cold water, the voltage begins to drop and comes to 150 - 160mV when i remove the bottle.
But if i place a finger on the sensor, the voltage barely rises (around 0.1 to 1mV)

Last edited:

hi,
A100K should be ok.
If the LM34 has been hot it may have failed.

it still gets hot if i connected it to a 9V+ supply. ITs fine below that voltage. The datasheet says voltage to be around 5V to 20V. I cant figure out whats wrong.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

it still gets hot if i connected it to a 9V+ supply. ITs fine below that voltage. The datasheet says voltage to be around 5V to 20V. I cant figure out whats wrong.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

Hi,

the datasheet shows the bottom view of the sensor. Did you consider this when you connected it?

If the sensor is getting hot that points much to a reversely connected part.

Boncuk

Here is an image showing it from the top.

Attachments

• LM34-TOP-VIEW.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 163
Hi,

the datasheet shows the bottom view of the sensor. Did you consider this when you connected it?

If the sensor is getting hot that points much to a reversely connected part.

Boncuk

Here is an image showing it from the top.

there we go...i did a silly mistake in my connections. Thanks for pointing that out!!!!! I guess i probably destroyed the sensor, because when i have connected it correctly now, i am getting full 9V at the output. I got another spare sensor though.
Thank you for pointing that silly mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…