Locked projects area. Good/Bad idea?

Do you like the idea of closed projects forum?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Yes, but without the password please

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

What do you think about the idea jrz126 and me came up in my other thread?

Give your votes and discuss the idea here.

Last edited:
I like the idea, but think that it should be modified to be a member for x amount of days/weeks/months before allowing a post. That way there's no special password to circulate and no admin hassles to get everything approved (less headaches for Nigel... )

I'm not sure what vBulletin can do in that respect, but the whole "special privilege" seems like a pretty good idea.

well the password is given from user to user if someone wants to post there it must be approved by at least one "old guy", who has the password. Because the posts limit is a bad thing as some intellectually advanced people may be new to here also. same with the time delay. And some persons with 1000+ posts are not very intellectual and may start stupid topics there or make idiotic posts. (I don't want to bring out any names here. If someone feels I hurt him, he probably deserves it. I didn't meant anyone specifically.

PS why do I see so little traffic in/on my threads? some threads grow 15+ posts an hour... mine take 2 posts per day... weird... must be too smart talk

I dunno how easy it would be to have the password protected forum, and keep it protected, but it definitly would be nice.

I do not care for the solution.

It leaves all existing forums open to the problem.

How about a special forum for the new/untrusted posters or some other method that effects them and not us.

theinfamousbob said:
I like the idea, but think that it should be modified to be a member for x amount of days/weeks/months before allowing a post.

But then we would have all these hicks that joined two years ago with only 3 posts coming back. It is not possible to have a "locked down" forum that is freely editable by anyone, but secure enough to "kill" spammers.

Why not have a special forum where the poster of the thread had moderator functions over it? Anyone that starts the project then has ultimate say over it's content. Then again if users really want that kind of usefulness they need to have their own web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…