Look what this Jackass is trying to pull..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero999 said:
I'd love to pull a scam and not get caught, but not a dirty scam like this. I'd like to pull a scam that defrauds fat cats out of a reasonable amount of money and donate most of it to charity.
Ahem..."most of it?" Money for your troubles?

audioguru said:
Of course!
I couldn't remember Robin Hood's name because he was British.

No, he was ENGLISH!

From Nottingham, not far from me - except he was a mythical figure of course!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
No, he was ENGLISH!

From Nottingham, not far from me - except he was a mythical figure of course!.
That's what the government wanted you think.

dknguyen said:
That's what the government wanted you think.

Perhaps so!

Incidently, I live in what used to be part of Sherwood Forest - it was a seriously large forest back then (for the size of the country!). There are still a few pieces of forest left, although most has been chopped down over the centuries.

For anyone who fancies a bit of 'Robin Hood' culture, there's the 'Major Oak' about 20 miles away, in a still existing piece of the forest - Robin Hood was supposed to have sheltered from the Sherrif's men in the tree.

Leave it to Nigel to know everything about Robin Hood. Shouldn't you be teaching me how to break bricks or something?

=P
-Omar

Omar.M said:
Leave it to Nigel to know everything about Robin Hood. Shouldn't you be teaching me how to break bricks or something?

Take a brick, take a large hammer, hit brick with hammer! - I'll send you the bill!

Only idiots (crippled idiots, or soon will be!) break bricks with their hands.

True Story:

A man placed a small classified advertisement in the New York Times stating the following: Now's your last chance to send me a dollar. He included an address and received over $100,000 dollars!!! Apparently it was perfectly legal, despite no reason given behind his asking. He screwed up by not claiming that income on his income tax and the IRS slammed him a good one. I think he's poor, to this day!

I've often thought of having an Ebay selling contest where each contestant picks 5 worthless items and tries to get as much as possible by selling them on Ebay. You wouldn't be allowed to misrepresent the item but could embellish as much as you want. I think something like this would be quite fun.

Kind of like the guy that kept trading items until he ended up with a house:
**broken link removed**

A man placed a small classified advertisement in the New York Times
Can't find it. Best confirmed story says somebody got maybe $8K for comment space on his website. Do you have more information about this $100K guy?

thanks.

Last edited:
mneary said:
Can't find it. Best confirmed story says somebody got maybe $8K for comment space on his website. Do you have more information about this $100K guy?

thanks.

I read that story in the early 80's. I think it was in a news paper article, and in that version an add was placed in a news paper saying "last chance to..." he had to give back the money back.
sam

Your Problem is ????

I can sell you a simple empty dog food can with a socket on the side and you will have a wave guide antenna working (very well as it happens) at 2.4GHz

Pay as much as you think it's worth.

200 year old fruit bowl (antique) worth £1500. No it's worth what your willing to pay.

You can sell anything at any price if the customer is willing to pay, therefore no rip off.

Worth to me the above fruit bowl about 70p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…