Looking for a triaxial 3 lug bulkhead connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebgus

Hey guys!

I am looking for a triaxial 3 lug bulkhead connector with a pigtail soldering connector on one side. I have found a Pomona 4388 but it is only 2 lug and the Pomona 5219 is too short!

The brand doesn't really matter.

Very thankful for answers!!

You linked to a pair of BNC style triaxial bulkhead connectors. The main difference is that one has a slightly longer overall length. The only other difference is one (the short one) has the ground tab. The ground tab is just a slip on ring tab. If the connector will be used with a conductive metal box that tab isn't required as ground is ground. If the connector will be used with a non conductive plastic box then any ring type tab can be used as long as the diameter slips over the connector body.

Also per Sceadwian what is the application?

Ron

Thanks for the replies!

The connectors are for some feed-throughs for a vacuum chamber. So they have to be a specific length (the thickness of the metal on the feed through) and 3 lug connection.

Does those exist? :/

Well I guess an adapter would work, do you have a link?

But best would be to have it without adapter.

Thanks for the replies!

The connectors are for some feed-throughs for a vacuum chamber. So they have to be a specific length (the thickness of the metal on the feed through) and 3 lug connection.

Does those exist? :/

That changes everything. There are connectors designed for vacuum through the bulkhead. I don't know what you are pulling down to but everyday connectors are not designed or rated for vacuum chamber use. They will leak like a sieve.

This is an example of a triaxial vacuum connector where it is designed for vacuum applications. The connector design should be one of your considerations for a vacuum application. Connectors and through the bulkhead solutions come in a variety of flavors to work with. Including potted wires in fittings.

Ron

This is an example of a triaxial vacuum connector where it is designed for vacuum applications. The connector design should be one of your considerations for a vacuum application.
Note it is only rated to 250 C, so if you need to use it in a UHV system, you'll have to find something more robust. I haven't done UHV system design since the 70's, but I never saw a triaxial feethrough back then -- there were just the usual ceramic-Kovar-wire type feedthroughs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…