Looking for electro totur Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.

max90272

TITLE SHOULD READ >TUTOR (made a typo there, sorry)

Hello there,
I am a true beginner at electronics, and I am building a CNC mill machine using stepper motors. I have gotten the schematic to build the electronic driver for it with a parts list which I purchased along with a breadboard. Everything is in place but I am not getting good results and i suspect that I made mistakes following the schematic. For instance, when i put power to it (say 6 V) the zener diode gets boiling hot, and so does the battery or power adapter... On top of that the motor is still not being driven properly.

Anyway, I was hoping someone here would be kind enough to refer me to an electronic guy in the Los Angeles area. I have several questions, and It is a bit hard to explain by email. Although I am only a hobbyist, I would be willing to pay for such services.

Thank you in advance. I really am looking forward to understanding more the world of electronics.

regards
MAX

Last edited:
You may take a help from ELEKTOR UK magazine . They have published a profle milling machine project in their Jan 2007 issue.

you may see them at **broken link removed**

All the best in realizing the project.

Yes I am close to zip 90266. I am near Santa Monica and that zip code is Manhattan beach.. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…