Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for free simulation program

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonzit

[who isn't?]

Having never used this kind of software, I'd like to get a simulation program and start playing around with it. I was thinking about downloading LTSpice, but know nothing about it.

What do y'all recommend? Easy to learn would be nice, but so would lots of features and functionality. I don't really have any specialized things I want to do with this just yet (RF, microwave, etc.). Just general-purpose stuff.

All helpful replies much appreciated.

LTspice is probably one of the best free ones and is fairly easy to use. The documentation is reasonably complete and should allow you to use the program with a moderate amount of effort. It can perform DC, AC, and Transient simulations and you can simulate directly from a schematic. A number of the people that contribute to this forum use it to illustrate the operation of various circuits so, if you know it, you can better understand their simulations, or easily duplicate the simulation as desired.

It's used mostly for DC to RF simulation. Microwave simulations are rather difficult and are typically performed by specialized software. But not many people need the ability to simulate microwave circuits anyway.

Last edited:
LTspice is great. After about 20 minutes of reading, I was up and running with it and I'm old and forgetful. Yahoo groups has a good LTspice group too.

I have posted hundreds of running LTSpice simulations here. Search for posts by Mike Ml (or mikeml)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back