Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for right sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujit_51

Freinds,
I want to build a system where a part will be counted automatically when it falls on a bin at regular/irregular intreval.

I am looking for a sensor which will give a pulse to the counter. when part falls on the bin.

1. Weight of the part: 10gm to 50gm.
2. Shape : Rectangular
3. size : 5mm X 5mm. X 2mm (minimum) to 40mm X 20mm.X 10mm (maximum)

Part will be falling freely verically from 50 cm above the bin.

Please suggest the manufacturer/source/commercial specification of the sensor so that it can be purchased.

Thanks.

sujit_51

A Break Beam Sensor comes to mind but it would be a narrow area.
A sound sensor also comes to mind.

is the bin going to be constantly filling up with these parts? or is the part just going to drop in and then immediately slide out before another one comes in?

in that case you could just put a simple switch on one corner of it such that when a part fell in it would trip it...

if not, you could use a piezo sensor, which would detect the shock of the part hitting the bin.

Looking for sensor

Please suggest me the actual part no of the sensor and the source so that i can try it out.

thanks.

suggestion

hi fred

ajay here . you should probalbly use a photo detector (transistor) with a IR diode mounted the other side . you could probably use an array of these in OR'd connection . if any on of the detectors's are trigerred you would get 0 output at the emitter of the photo detector . invert the outputs and connect to an up / dn counter . the photo transistor costs about 30 rs and the ir diode about 5 rs. other components about 50 bucks . All the best.

how many parts per minute? you might want to use light curtains.
some are designed for counting applications and can detect fast
moving objects (multiple objects crossing detection zone at the same time).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back