Looking for right sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujit_51

Hello Freinds,
I am looking for a sensor which can sense the level of liquid (both transparent/coloured) from a distance.

Actually I want to control the level of Liquid using this sensor . Sensor should be noncontact type.

Thanks.

Sujit

sujit_51 said:
Hello Freinds,
I am looking for a sensor which can sense the level of liquid (both transparent/coloured) from a distance.

Actually I want to control the level of Liquid using this sensor . Sensor should be noncontact type.

Thanks.

Sujit
What is the distance? A millimeter? A kilometer?

What liquid?

Capacitive sensors work are sort of noncontact, but the distance must be quite miniscule. The types of liquids you can do this way are limited. But otherwise you may be looking at a "machine vision" solution, very complicated. Actually not a bad thing to become an expert in, there's a huge demand for advanced machine vision solutions in automated manufacture.

Distance should not be more than 20 cm but minimum distance should be around 10 cm.

Hi

I have used capacitive proxy sensors to measure the height of a liquid in a buck and then shut off a fill valve in an automated bucketing system Turk makes some nice ones my design worked over inches and through a plastic bucket.
joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…