Looking to build a counting device

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogno

I'm lame at electronics, but i want to build a device that would have either LCD or LED display with 3 (or more) digits. the counter would have a sensor that would increment the count by one each time a magnet passes in front of the sensor. It needs add and subtract capabilities (increment one or decrement one by pushing a up button or a down button.) It should run on AAA, AA or 9V battery. Where should I start to find a schematc, instructions or plans to build or buy such a thing? I used to have an exercise machine that did this, but can't seem to find such a thing on google. Probably not using the right buzz word. (':wink:') (help?)

TIA

Cool, thanks. One piece of the puzzle. I picked up a Radio Shack Engineer's Miini-Notebook Magnet and Magnet Sensor Projects book... It talks about Hall Sensors. Yikes. I "think" a Magnet Position Detector may be suitable? I am a total newbie. the Projects link didn't contain anything other than info on the chip you recommended that I found to be useful so far.

Once the puzzle is complete I will be sure and make lots of noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…