Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lost in what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have no idea what to make. I have made the flip flop circuit with LED's, now what? It seems that it is really hard to find small easy projects that are a good way of learning without being too advanced or just not explaining things in a way to build a solid foundation.

I am looking for a book that has really good labs to learn components such as: transistors, diodes, resisters, 555, op amps, LEDs, sound gens, signal gens.

I would really like to make use of my oscilloscope.

can someone please recomend some good projects to start or a really good lab book (not one that teaches how to make your own capacitor... i just dont care :) much about that)

thanks again folks

Last edited:
hi,
Look thru these.

**broken link removed**

Don't be too proud to buy a Radio Shack "100 in 1 electronics project kit".

Well Im not proud at all. I will do this if it is needed. I do have all the components though. I would like to go through a lab book that explains things and challenges me. I have seen a kit b4 and the instructions didnt teach anything. Just showed you how to build, so you have to recomend one that challenges your analytical skills also.

the evil genius series might be of some interest.

they have some good projects that either uber cool, or just look like fun. And they give some information on how it works too.

Radio shacks largest electronics project learning lab has 2 great books written by Forrest Mims III. It runs about $50 but includes everything you will need to make hundreds of projects.

How about a Tesla coil. I personally feel that it is mandatory. It doesn't have to be very big!
On the other end of the spectrum, have you built a crystal radio? This is another elementary requirement. It seems magical to me to pull signals out of the air without needing your own power source.
Why not build a tube amp? There is no adventure in using audio amplifier IC's if you're going to construct your own circuits.
Use some imagination. Check out transmitters, motors, buzzers, speakers, nixie tubes, LED readouts, LED arrays, High-power LEDs, low-voltage DC incandescant lamps, voltage mulipliers, solar panels, batteries, robots, light organs, PC Interfaces, timers, clocks, logic games, electronic dice, heaters, a million more beyond what comes off the top of my head. Excuse me, but don't you dare come in here whining like that. Are you implying you have read everything ever posted on this forum? Now go away and don't come back untill you are ready to show us what you have done!

Excuse me, but don't you dare come in here whining like that. Are you implying you have read everything ever posted on this forum? Now go away and don't come back untill you are ready to show us what you have done!

Whoa, why such hostility dude, no date for valentines? Ease up there big guy...:rolleyes:

Excuse me, but don't you dare come in here whining like that. Are you implying you have read everything ever posted on this forum? Now go away and don't come back untill you are ready to show us what you have done!

New rules and conditions.!

I didnt realise the ownership of this forum site had change hands.

Give us all a break.:p

Don't feed the trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back