Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low res video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I got some vid glasses, they have 320x240(QVGA) resolution, the xbox works amazing on them, however when I hook them to svideo output(converted to RCA) from my laptop they dont work, the glasses manual say they work on NTSC.

Also in my desktop properties i am not able to bring the resolution down enough, this may be part of the problem....

any idea how to fix this? maybe a monitor driver?

It should work with converted svideo. How are you doing the conversion to RCA? It should be something like this.

So it works for the TV but not the glasses? If it works for one, it should work for the other.

whats even stranger is that i got one of those RCA - CATV converter boxes, and the glasses work when the box is between them and PC-svid

Check to see if the set-top-box is "pre-amping" the signal more than the direct method.

It seems odd, but that may be the case.

Or, it may be just backwards.. It may be attenuating the signal and making it work.

A quick metering should let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back