low size high resolution lcd controller, help

Status
Not open for further replies.
the title says it all, i need help finding a low size high resolution lcd and desining a controller that will work at video playback speed or better. does anyone have any advice, i kinda have a budget so i can't just take apart a projector or something.

I would suggest your budget will need to be a LOT more than the cost of buying commercial equipment!.

What are you trying to do?, that doesn't already exist commercially!.

well i could buy a projector and take it apart since I don't need the lamp, speaker or cooling fans, but that is more than I thought the lcd and controller would cost to home build. i am working on two projects that will require a very small high resolution lcd, one is converting a laptop computer in to a computer you can wear and the other is a secret project that can use the same display, but my knowledge hits a peak on this subject since i generally make things that go boom or time things that go boom. trying to break in to a peaceful market, as opposed to home brew fireworks.

I'm not interested in any 'secret project', as long as the display is the same as you need for a laptop type LCD.

I fear though you have no idea of the complexity and cost involved in doing what you hope - if the LCD from a projector will do what you want?, I suspect that would be an incredibly cheap solution!.

well, i'm starting small, with an old 486, as a proof of concept then working on bigger and better things. you really think i would be best off buying a comercial projector and taking it apart? would you know the cheapest place to order one?

Mikey tehcno geek said:
well, i'm starting small, with an old 486, as a proof of concept then working on bigger and better things. you really think i would be best off buying a comercial projector and taking it apart? would you know the cheapest place to order one?

Well you don't even have your location filled in?, so I've no idea what country you might be in?.

You could certainly try and source small hi-res LCD's and controllers, but I think you would struggle finding them, and the price would probably stagger you - unless you wanted production quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…