Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Voltage Cut off With Timer and Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphinney

So I have an application where I would like to have a low voltage cutoff and a timer that times how long it took to get to the cutoff voltage. As a bonus I would like to initiate a charge of the battery and not have the power turned on until it is reset. The recharging feature is not a must tho and may be too complex.

The point is to be able to burn test the batteries (have a burn tester already) and get the time that it took and after the test to charge the battery pack.

I have pretty good soldering skills and can usually understand technical logic. I have done some assembly projects in the past, however I have no real experience in circuit design.

Not sure if this is too much to ask but I would love it if some of you could assist me in this.

Some parameters that I can think of right away are; Charged voltage 24v. Cut off voltage 20V. burn tester draws 25-30A

Help?

Here is one I did for 24V lead-acid batteries in aircraft. This is a Hobbs Meter

Attachments

• 24VDischargeCutoff.jpg
    24VDischargeCutoff.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
So the expected burn time is usually under two hours. Not sure that the Hobbs Meter would be the correct scale for this application.

I guess that i would also need help understanding the diagram as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back