LPT to LCD interface problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
and yes the cable is aprox 1.5 meters long, thats about 5 feet. and yes it goes thru and data switch box, but even with direct connection to pc without the data switch box it do not work.

and yes the cable is aprox 1.5 meters long, thats about 5 feet. and yes it goes thru and data switch box, but even with direct connection to pc without the data switch box it do not work.

hi,
Thats a little progress, at least now you can see the pixel blocks.

I tried again today to get the source code text for the program you have,with no success.

Do you have the source code.?

Do you have an oscilloscope.?

Hi,
You can use this attached program to test the PC's parallel port.

The extension has been changed to *.txt in order to post it to the forum.
Change it back to *.exe before you run it.

You will require the Visual Basic 5 runtime files on your PC, BEFORE you run this test 'exe',, these can be downloaded from the web free of charge.

The program will enable you to Set/Reset the parallel ports pins, you can use a voltmeter to check the state of the port pin.

Do you follow OK.?

Attachments

• ParPort2.txt
    33.5 KB · Views: 171
the program says that it is too big to fit in memory

hi,
Is the PC saying that the paraport2.exe is too big for the memory.?

That program has been used by quite a number of members and it works OK.
Its only 38 Kbytes in size. I have just double checked it, runs OK.

I assume you did change the *.txt back to *.exe also the two DLL's I posted the other day are still in the PC's Window/System folder.

If Yes to these queries, it sounds as though your PC has some problem.

I would suggest that you attempt to run the Smartie and scope the LCD pins in order to check the function of the Smartie prog and the Port.

Whats you location.?

eh eh i am in serbia europe.
a littl ebit to far away. my system is only about a month old on this pc. it is installed on formated partition about month ago. i will try on my laptop, which have an windows 98 se, maybe there will work.

eh eh i am in serbia europe.
a littl ebit to far away. my system is only about a month old on this pc. it is installed on formated partition about month ago. i will try on my laptop, which have an windows 98 se, maybe there will work.

hi,
Ok, lets know how it goes.

unfortunately i am unable to do checking right now, i have some work to do for school, and i am working on other projects, a higher priority projects, as you can see, i am late with messages, i will come back tomorow. thanks for all the help you are giving me. maybe ill be able to help you something some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…