Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSpice freezing often

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
I have been using intensively LTSpice in the last week always in the same PC. I find that when I change the circuit configuration adding / deleting a connection or components and ask for a new run, I have high chances that it will freeze in the first steps.

After many failures I found that clicking on the "save" icon, prior clicking on "Run", the freezing is almost not happening again. Is it any possible setting that I could have wrong? I discarded everyghing related to time step because the circuits involve more or less similar components and basically change little by little, and, after saving, it starts and simulates normally.

Comments appreciated.

If you post the asc file I will try it.
Let me know what you change to make it fail.

Hola
It is happening with all circuits I am testing lately.

When it freezes a notice pops up telling that info will be sent to Microsoft and program will close (and all my work will be lost). In fact, all previpous changes are saved prior starting. Annoying.

Ugg. :banghead:

I'm a computer illiterate, but if it were me I would try a restore point well before where it started.

Maybe your LTspice program is corrupted.
I would re-install the LTspice program.

I have been using intensively LTSpice in the last week always in the same PC. I find that when I change the circuit configuration adding / deleting a connection or components and ask for a new run, I have high chances that it will freeze in the first steps.

After many failures I found that clicking on the "save" icon, prior clicking on "Run", the freezing is almost not happening again. Is it any possible setting that I could have wrong? I discarded everyghing related to time step because the circuits involve more or less similar components and basically change little by little, and, after saving, it starts and simulates normally.

Comments appreciated.

Hi

I've used LTSpice on XP, Win7 and Win8.
Can you provide info on your PC? OS, CPU, RAM, Disk and Virtual MEM size?

eT

I've used LTSpice for 7 years with 5 different computers (laptops and desktops) and running XP or Win7.

Never seen anything similar.

Not saying that your complaint is not true. But there may be a resource conflict from another task running in the background. Or amount of RAM, virtual memory, drivers.....there are myriad possibilities.

Hi

I've used LTSpice on XP, Win7 and Win8.
Can you provide info on your PC? OS, CPU, RAM, Disk and Virtual MEM size?

eT

Fresh install from 2 days ago and the awfully invasive AVG, disabled to avoid checking every file I deal with.

Win XP SP2 (original licenced motherboard burnt so in this, cannot get updates anymore).

Rest of the info that I hope you can retrieve (Spanish expressions) in the attached .pdf

In the last, console of the Task manager, you can see the peak of CPU processing of an LTSpice citrcuit and how little memory is invovled (Opera browser also open).

Attachments

• Info png.pdf
    154.5 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back