Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

M5237L voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richards5947

Hi, I'm a Newbie to the forum. I spent my working life on computers of various sizes and for a hobby fix digital pianos.
One uses the above regulator to give 3.3 volts to feed memory chips, the output was 5.5 from the PNP driven transistor. So I assumed that was my problem. I reproduced the circuit on veroboard and still get the 5v on the output and cannot understand how the 5237L is regulating the output. Obviously I am not understanding how the 5237 is controlling the 2SA1451 transistor. I have attached the circuit from the keyboard schematics, hope its legible. Can someone explain how the circuit works and why I'm getting 5 volts instead of 3.3 please?
5237.jpg

There is a good chance the transistor is shorted. (TR1) Ohm meter it out. In your circuit, check if the M5237 is backwards.
Pin 3 measures the voltage (1.26V). If the voltage is too low it pulls current (pin-1) that turns on the transistor. If the voltage is too high it decreases the current to turn off the transistors. The two resistors divide the 3.3V down to 1.26V. The 220 ohm Base-Emitter resistor must be there.
1619454066365.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back