Making a transmitter with PIC16F628

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMSA84

Hello there people.

I'd like to make a R/C transmitter with PIC16F628. I was thinking to input into the PIC inputs a DC voltage provided by a voltage divider, and convert them to digital and put those digital data into the PIC output and transmit them.

I think the PIC16F628 can make that, right?

What do you mean by 'transmit' them?, by wire, by radio, by IR - what do you mean?.

In any case, all three are covered in my tutorials.

Well, I pretend to creat a code that will be sent to the modulador (RF).. them there will be another PIC at the reciver that will interpret the code and then activate the PWM depending the DC input in the PIC from the transmiter. Do you understand?

Yes, easily. A PWM modulated baseband for RC is only around 900 pulses per second pulse width modulated, and even the PCM modulation is only around 9600 baud? or so. All easily done from a PIC. This signal can easily be fed to an R/C controller's 'buddy box' for RF modulation and decoded by tapping the baseband signal at the receiver.

Just that, somewhere inside the receiver after the RF section before the decoder chip is going to be the baseband signal, play around with a scope and a set of known pulses and you should be able to find it, then you just solder a wire to that particular pin and viola you can intercept a custom trasmission from a micro controller hooked up to a budy box. I checked the bandwidth of 10bit PCM systems and you should be able to get pretty close to 9600 baud data throughput, maybe more with a decent encoder/decoder.

as suggested read up on Nigels tutorials they helped me a bunch with IR and if you have a PIC16F628 you should be set. Use the sony IRC its not to hard. (well i just copied Nigels code ) but you can just alter it with commands you wish to send heck if you got a sony remote you can just build the receiver part and use the remote for testing until you can build your own.

Once you get Nigels code running (operational) just change the command and device code to your pleasing and poof you have a custom receiver/transmitter.

THANKS again NIGEL!

on the receiver end you can have it do what ever you want when a certain code is received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…