Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

many tries failed need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1r05

hello everybody,

this my first post on this very very nice forum lots and lots of information, anyway let me tell what is going on with me

i bough a pic the 628A beeen trying to program it and i shifted to and from couple of programmers (yes i read all the old post and the sticky) but none did work voltage,connections,programs are all correct.

one design i liked was this **broken link removed**
i programmed the chip only once and then it wont detect my hardware nor the chip(lvp on, cp off), can it be fried ? are pics frieable that easy ? also fried a 84A before dont know why they die so quick (all attempts are done in a breadbord)

anyway now am thinking of building this programmer **broken link removed** its a tait flavor i got all the parts ready to go although i dont want to build it in a breadboard i will do it in a pcb and strat off with a fresh pic

so my question is, is this good or not ? anybody has experience with it, note that i want to program 18 and 40 pin pics only non of those fancy pics just middies, can someone suggest a programmer to do just that and does it good icsp is cool but not very important now. ive read alot of tutorials and a few chapters of some books on the concept||basics of MC and want to do the practical stuff but no programmers !!!!:mad: and icant buy them because i dont know anyplace that sells it here (KL).

thanks alot for reading and hopfully replying if you got any advice :confused:

In this day and age I would suggest you build an ICD2 clone, it does ICSP and is kept up to date by MicroChip - try looking at the excellent Inchworm described in these forums.

Otherwise there are plenty of good parallel port designs, although I don't suggest using LVP only ones - far too limiting.

What software did you use to program the pic? I suspect that they are not fried but that you have inadvertently disabled LVP. A normal programmer should erase the pics OK.

The Tait type programmer should work fine. I would suggest using WinPic as programming software. You could also try this software with the LVP programmer you have built as it is easily configurable. Find details here. There is also good information on **broken link removed** including Nigel's software.

I assume that KL is Kuala Lumpur. If so, can you order supplies from Australia? A couple of good sources are **broken link removed** and Jaycar. I wouldn't buy a programmer from either of these though.

Mike.

thanks alot for the replys guys
yes am from KL and i used ic-prog and winpic and the application that came with that programmer(schematics)

just got back from the DIY street with a fresh F628 chip and a drill got all the stuff now, the first pcb looks bad and the lines where to close to each other and messy this time going to do the board in eagle to make it a little wider so hopfully it comes out great

thanks again Nigel & Pommie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back