Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mastering PIC16F

Status
Not open for further replies.

theo92

How you'll road me to mastering PIC16F.....

I've plenty of experience in computing and electronics and a very little experience in C programming language.....I want to learn PIC microcontroller programming all myself with help of this net....But I'm too much confused 'bout that where to start??seems this PIC world look like a ocean.....I gonna drown there...

My preference is to learn it in C
Can somebody suggest me some good ebooks, tutorial, webpages....for that

What about PICBASIC? is it only available with PIC18F?
I love this language but I relised that PIC18F1320 is a good PIC to start bt I don't have it...even the local electronics shops don't have it.....as usual.....microchip suspended their sample programme too.........

What PIC to start with??
I have 16F84A,628A,876A,877A,18F2550

So again please.....
suggest me some good ebooks, tutorial, webpages....to learn PIC programming in C

no more copy paste other's code...

Theo

Hey Theo,

The best tutorials I've come across are not in C, but in assembler, and will help you really understand PICs

WinPicProg Page

and

Elmer 160 Home Page

One big advantage is that you can do them without spending money on a compiler. Another is that you will get a very good understanding of the hardware.

You can do the C tutorials later. I know 3V0 has a website with tutorials in C: 3v0's Homepage

yeah!!!!winpicprog tutorials are just great...i'm printing out 'em and learn...

ohh!!!!yes silvrblade......my junebug aka pickit 2 working very nice though my pcb is poor although it's working nicely... later i made a pcb with ground plane.....it justs looks more good....thanks

ohh!!!!yes silvrblade......my junebug aka pickit 2 working very nice though my pcb is poor although it's working nicely... later i made a pcb with ground plane.....it justs looks more good....thanks

you ordered a genuine one?cool!

golligum electroonics is really cool and it contains reallt useful basic information...

But they use a PIC12F509.........I don't have it........can I use a 12F683?

golligum electroonics is really cool and it contains reallt useful basic information...

But they use a PIC12F509.........I don't have it........can I use a 12F683?
Should be similar enough (backwards compatible) to follow the tutorial (with some adjustments for chip differences), and it's a MUCH nicer chip. The 509 is nasty bare-bones and old-fashioned.

Can a PIC18F2455 hex file is possible to be burnt on a 18F2550?
They both are similar.......

Can a PIC18F2455 hex file is possible to be burnt on a 18F2550?
They both are similar.......

Theo, you seem to be jumping around.... I thought you wanted to master 16Fxxx? :)

It isn't a yes or no answer...
How similar? Have you compared the data sheets? If they have the same peripherals, (or the configuration settings will work with the 2550,) and the hex file fits in the 2550's ROM....

The best way would be to re-assemble the source for an 18F2550...

I am tempted to say just try it, I don't think you will hurt anything by trying it, but....

What are you trying to do?

PIC programming may seem somewhat boring while learning.....but when we learn the basic and walking onto the road of advanced.....feels just good,,..

I wanna tell you, I'm not a advanced now, but i'm learning pic's in C on my own though it's lots of better than ASM.......and from gooligum elec.'s midrange prog. in C tutorial..

but to turn down my boring feeling and to increase 'attaractivity' to myself, I decided to do some small PIC based other's works or project....though i don't like copy-paste...but i decided to do that...

I built a 16F84A based LED sequence .... lots of smaller than the CMOS version....which people made with NE555 and CD4017.

Then I built a 16F628A based digital clock on 16x2 display..........but after couple of hours the time increases by about 3-4 hours and it keeps jumping
....i can't find any suitable reason behind that....but i think it may be due to the power tracks and the 4MHZ crystal's 'crazy' oscillation.....I don't know ya clear:) anybody? oh...but after restart is works well for sometime......

Now I made a USB based IR reciever for PC...
its How-to: USB remote control receiver - Hack a Day
Look out!!!the circyuit is easy......though the hex file is named 18F2455.hex....indicates that the hex file is for 18F2455 though i burned ir directly to 2550.....it works...the computer detects it as a 'CDC emulation device which was a microchip's application note' it adds another COM port to the PC......

But the problem here WINLIRC can't detect the device and not even responding........any other software ie uICE, Girder isnt working either..........
I'm using TSOP1356 in place of TSOP1738............I think they both're same....they both pull the output to ground in presence of IR.............
So anybody??can anybody tell me the root of the problem>>>>

ohhhh!!i forget to tell they used two 0.1uF caps in parrael to the VUSB pin.........but i'm using a 0.47 uF...will it cause some problem??

Last edited:
.....feels just good,,..
uh huh!:)

Then I built a 16F628A based digital clock on 16x2 display..........but after couple of hours the time increases by about 3-4 hours and it keeps jumping
....i can't find any suitable reason behind that....but i think it may be due to the power tracks and the 4MHZ crystal's 'crazy' oscillation.....I don't know ya clear:) anybody? oh...but after restart is works well for sometime......
If it works well after a restart, I would look at my program. It sounds like the code is jumping to where it shouldn't be...

Now I made a USB based IR reciever for PC...
its How-to: USB remote control receiver - Hack a Day
Look out!!!the circyuit is easy......though the hex file is named 18F2455.hex....indicates that the hex file is for 18F2455 though i burned ir directly to 2550.....it works...the computer detects it as a 'CDC emulation device which was a microchip's application note' it adds another COM port to the PC......

But the problem here WINLIRC can't detect the device and not even responding........any other software ie uICE, Girder isnt working either..........
I'm using TSOP1356 in place of TSOP1738............I think they both're same....they both pull the output to ground in presence of IR.............
So anybody??can anybody tell me the root of the problem>>>>

ohhhh!!i forget to tell they used two 0.1uF caps in parrael to the VUSB pin.........but i'm using a 0.47 uF...will it cause some problem??

I would start a new thread, perhaps using "USB based IR receiver not detected by PC Help" as the title.

hi im new to this site and im still trying to firgure things out but i really enjoy electronics and i have a question and i know its been asked before but how do i get itunes to work on my mp3

the brand is XOvision if that matters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back