Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maximum wire Distance can echo and trig can have in HC-SR04

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi,

I want to know how far HC-SR04 (pin trig and Echo )can be wired to avoid any error any error from microcontroller.

Whatever distance (while using whatever wire diameter) that will maintain minimum HC-SR04 Vcc (4.5 to 5 VDC), and appropriate trigger and echo pulse voltage levels delivered to and from the uC in use.

I know from experience that 50' of 4 wire, 24ga copper telephone cable works fine.

If you use screened cable you'll get at least 10 metres, assuming your in a electrically quiet environment.
If you want to go a real long way program a pic to handle the sr04 and transmit data via rs232.

Hi,
The length of wire will not matter the timing issue.
anyway, i will use this sensor for water level control in tank feed back from sensor and turn on/off electric motor control.
So, I think for this it will not matter and what you guys think for this project the LCD is displaying all data, I need to make Cover of this Box so, pls tell is there any idea to make it professional look and have a good sale in market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back