Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC6812/MC9S12 naming scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgharston

Does anybody know what the parts of the Freescale MC9S12 device names mean?
MC9S12A, MC9S12B, MC9S12C, MC9S12D128, MC9S12D256, MC9S12XD256, MC9S12E, MC9S12XE, etc.
The suffix number is a memory size, (tho' what memory size I can't work out, just that a '256 has more than a '128).
What's the difference between a -C, a -D, an -E, a -D and a -DX, an -E and an -XE, etc.
I've spent all morning trawling through online documents (while listening to a Dr Who docu on the radio), and it's brick wall after brick wall; I've managed to get as far as putting together <a href="https://mdfs.net/Docs/Comp/6812/MemoryMap">this</a>.
Thanks in advance.

Ok, I've got this so far:
Code:
MC9S12[X][AAA][P][NNN][AAAA]
...|...|...|...|...|....+------ package, eg temperature, voltage, etc
...|...|...|...|...+----------- flash size in K in power of two, or in M *100
...|...+---|---|--------------- X=Contains XGATE mmu/dma
...+-------|---|--------------- CPU
...........|...+--------------- P=???
...........+------------------- NE ???
...............................  A ???
...............................  B ???