Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MC68HC11E1 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsh

Hi All,
I need little help from all of you who have worked with this micro. I am studying in electronics and I have a class for micro controllers and they teach this mc68hc11 controller, I am looking for a development board for this but having hard time to find one and even if I find one the price is too high for that. So I start looking the micro it self so I can build my on development board I found one at digikey the part number is MC68HC11E1CFNE2-ND and it is around $15 canadian, now the question is I want to run the buffalo monitor on this for my course, so if some one can confirm that I can load buffalo monitor on this chip then I will order that, other wise start searching again. Thanks.

arsh

It's been a while since I did anything with 'HC11 or 'HC12 microcontrollers but I looked in storage and I found a very old unused 'HC11E9FN1' Evaluation Board Kit. I remember buying it "on sale" at the tail-end of one of the Motorola EVBU promotions many many years ago. It does include a version of the BUFFALO monitor for loading your programs into RAM via serial port but the "E9" will be different from "E1" variant.

Could you ask your instructor if this EVBU will do what you need for your class?

Regards, Mike

Attachments

• M68HC11EVBU box..JPG
    M68HC11EVBU box..JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 180
  • M68HC11EVBU board..JPG
    M68HC11EVBU board..JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Thanks Mike for the quick reply,
I am sure this board will do the job, as long as I can run buffalo on this board its good.
Please pm me with the further info on this board, I mean if you want to sell this kit. Thanks again.

arsh

According to my pink 68HC11 book, the E1 is the same as the E9 except it doesn't have the ROM. That makes me suspect that the buffalo monitor was probably in ROM on Mike's board.
Here is an **broken link removed** which uses the chip in expanded mode to load the BUFFALO into an external RAM via the bootloader and run it from there.

The board Mike has have the E9 version and I think the buffalo is pre loaded on internal rom. The external memory is there to run your custom programs.

Just got back from Post Office and was shocked at $26.95 cost for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Box which probably puts the cost of this EVBU kit out of your range. The original Motorola box is also slightly larger then the largest flat rate box so I wouldn't be able to send you the original box (personally I would prefer the original box).

Regards, Mike

Thank you littletransistor for your offer, Mike is willing to give his evbu board to me. Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back