Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mcafee Debacle / Conspiracy !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

I was speaking to one of my Techs and we suddenly, both came to a conclusion that it was to obvious to not be a cover up.

Who would send an update like that without testing it.

Conclusion, it was someone very angry with Mcafee. Possibilities could be an Employee, a Hacker, etc.

How could such volatile file such as ( svchost.exe ) which runs Internet, Copy and Past, Start Bar, pretty much everything you would need to fix it fast.

I dont know sounds a little fishy when they said "oh we have a bad update that makes your computer restart every thirty seconds! Did we also mention that it will kill your internet!" How did they not catch that!!????

Corporate Conspiracy's gotta Love it.

Last edited:
I agree, Why wouldnt they have tested the update? Also, there is noo way that this big of a problem could get past testers unless the testers new that they could get back at mcafee by letting it go through. I dont know, sounds really sketchy. Also sounds like they are covering something up.

I heard this only happens with XP, am i safe with vista, and 7?
Plus mcafee is just junk, it just gets it's data from AVG, and tels it to me again...

I'm pretty sure it's only XP with SP3 and I also think it's only the Professional Version.

It happened to windows xp/2000 and i think only the corporate accounts. Everything else should be safe...maybe.

Yeah, maybe is right. The first problem was the stupid HIPsvc.host file crap that started to appear suddenly we get this crap. svchost.exe is a Virus. Wha the ?????

I do not know what your rage is about.

I installed this program and coud not be fast enough to get rid of it, 6 years ago.

Bought Kaspersky. Never had a problem with it, or any of our machines. Damn those Russians!

We are forced to use it. I don't know if they offer a special discount rate for multi user accounts.

Most likely.

IMHO Avira is better than AVG. AVG doesn't handle root kit issues. I like SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) but it's a resource hog. Everyone I know who used Mcafee always had issues sooner or later and were disappointed with the results, for their money spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back