Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCP1700 ?Adjustable? Regulator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso9001

Hi,

I came across a small regulator I'm using for a project, in its same family is the the MCP1700. It's listed as adjustable but I'm just not getting it. Its an SOT-23-3 package and the datasheet could not be confusing me anymore as to how this thing works. Plan is to have 5V in 3V-3.3V out.

I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but I don't see any info about how to select the output,

Here is the datasheet:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/02/21826b.pdf

The only thing I can think of is it just clamps to the closest voltage above its LDO ?? So if you have 3.9V in it outs 3.3V... suppose that could be useful for battery applications

Anyone ?

Last edited:
The MCP1700 is an adjustable current regulator. Adjust the current and the output will deliver the appropriate output voltage.

Hi ISO9001,

The MCP1700 is available in 1,2; 1,5; 1,8; 2,5; 3; 3,3 and 5 volt.
It's not adjustable. Check the digi-key website for further details.

on1aag.

Yea, Mouser has "Vout Accuracy" listed on their page.

I'm using the 1702 so it doesn't bother me, but Microchip's store and mouser are both messed up with the details,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back