Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mcp73861

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterDove

Hi All,

I am having trouble with the MCP73861 Lihium charger. The battery will be attached permanently to the circuit and a DC jack will be provided to charge he battery. Do I have to make a switch for when people charge so that you can only charge when the circuit is off... I am just a bit confused about how I separate whats coming through the charger to the battery and what goes out to the circuit.... my instinct is that I dont need to anything other than put a voltage regulator on the side of the circuit so that it doesnt get the slightly greater (than what the battery normally outputs) charging voltage.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back