Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mdk 52v-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boscus

Hello all, I'm kind of new to your forums and I was wondering if annyone could help obtain a datasheet about the MDK 52V-0 LCD. I heard it was kind of old.

Thx ;)

From what i can gather, scattered across the net, it is HD44780 compatible (standard character lcd)

pinout:
Pin 1 = Vss Pin 2 = Vee Pin 3 = Vdd Pin 4 = RS Pin 5 = W/R Pin 6 = E Pin 7 = D0 Pin 8 = D1 Pin 9 = D2 Pin 10 = D3 Pin 11 = D4 Pin 12 = D5 Pin 13 = D6 Pin 14 = D7

google for HD44780 programming information.

Thx for the quick reply, I've noticed the HD44780 IC on it before and already dl'ed the datasheet and I'm pretty sure I got it hoocked up correctly, but I'm not sure off how much volt I need to connect it to.

Boscus said:
Thx for the quick reply, I've noticed the HD44780 IC on it before and already dl'ed the datasheet and I'm pretty sure I got it hoocked up correctly, but I'm not sure off how much volt I need to connect it to.

What are you connecting it to?, they work off 5V, but require initialisation in order to do anything - plus the contrast must be adjusted correctly.

Check my PIC tutorials for how to do it with a PIC, and for an example of how to connect it.

Thx allot, I'm currently programming the 8051 and the pic 16f84A and I was trying out this LED, I noticeced that the LED required an external source so i hoocked it up to a 0.7V (mass) and 5.7V (high pot), now I tried putting a simple silicium diode between these two pins to filter the 0.7V out and now the LED seems to work :)

Thx for your help.

btw luve your site

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back