Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Meachinal gear system.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolguy

Hi,

I have PMDC motor of 24V at 3,000RPM ....
So, i have to convert it to 200-300RPM at high torque please suggest.
My team member are thinking to use chain system at tires ( of 12 to 15 inch) side the gear are 44 and at motor 18(gear pin size 4inch near by).

so, please suggest the motor power is .5HP.

You should use a belt off the motor to a jack shaft and then a chain to the wheels.

Look up jackshaft. It would be like this;

Sync_Belt_Drive.jpg
Motor Belt to chain drive wheel.

Can't we drive it without any belt?? I mean only chain and gear.
As we don't have so much space.

Last edited:
And the wheel gear may be to big. with the jackshaft you can use smaller gears and pullys.

I would use a worm gear for a 10:1 reduction, if you want a single step. Read about it here and why there are limits on single-step gear reduction drives. John

A worm gear is very good in some applications and very bad in some. For a bicycle it will not be good. I hope you understand why.

Oops. I saw "chain" system but didn't connect that with the word "tires" to conclude it was for a bicycle. You are absolutely right, I would not use a worm gear drive on a bicycle without at least a few additional parts.

John

Hi,

I am working on gear mechanism for controlling the two wheel at back of car with two DC motor of 24V .5HP......
so, no load RPM is 3000 i want to drive 15inch diameter wheel the front wheel are free. the required speed will be ~1meter/sec. not so fast
and RPM OF wheel at 100.

please help with these gear as worm have been constructed but the output at wheel is at 60RPM torque is very very less for driving the load of ~80kg.

I looked on the web for electric by cycles.
I found 1000watt motors, 500w and 350 watt motors.
Your 0.5hp motor is a 350W or 370W motor.
The small motors, assumes you will help pedal.
You might be loosing 1/2 of your power in the gears.
Please send picture of your gear box.

Last edited:
Hi,
Your 0.5hp motor is a 350W or 370W motor.

I think the motor is of ~144Watt as the current on load is 5.6 or 6Amps not going more then 6amps when both motor are connected in // current goes to ~12Amps at 24V
P= 24*6= 144watt. so, that must be a problem,right??

Last edited:
You need to look and see what is sold on the internet to see if you are close to what other people are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back