Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure Fuel Level in tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abicash

Hello All

What can be Electronic methods for measuring Fuel (Diesel,petrol) in a vehicle?

I have searched and found
1)Ultrasonic (expensive)
2)Pressure using Freescale pressure sensors MPXM2010
3)Mechanical (very clumsy)
4)Resistive (with a hazard waiting to happen)

Is there a fairly popular and cheap method of doing this ,which of course i am unaware of ?

Please get back if you can chip in something :)

Thanks and regards

Vehicles do it with a simple mechanical/resistive method - what's wrong with that technique?.

Thanks Nigel for getting back

Do you mean : use a mechanical float which will drive a potentiometer? In that case are these assemblies available "off-the-shelf" ?

Please elaborate with any reference material you can share or direct me to one :)

Thanks

Hi,

Capacitive measuring works fine too ... and adapt it is easy to match YOUR tank

**broken link removed**

Ok, It's in french ( Alpine A110 = famous french vintage car !!! ) ... but Babelfish exists ...

Alain

Last edited:
Do you mean : use a mechanical float which will drive a potentiometer? In that case are these assemblies available "off-the-shelf" ?
Thanks

Your local auto wrecker should have complete gas tank C/W sender units available at a good price, if you are looking for small quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back