measurement project

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

The professor of our faculty has asked us to do digital measurement circuit for the electronic measurement material..
I need your thoughts about what can i do for this project , I don't want to make difficult circuit ,simple is enough but...I haven't yet decide which project should i execute...

thanks in advance!!

Now you've filled your location it!, we can presume English isn't your first language? - and while your English is very good, the question is a little confusing?.

Basically what are you wanting to measure?.

A digital measuement circuit.. do yo mean something that measures digital signals? Like a logic probe/analyzer?

Or do you mean a digital circuit that measures any signal like an A/D converter?

Optikon said:
A digital measuement circuit.. do yo mean something that measures digital signals? Like a logic probe/analyzer?

Or do you mean a digital circuit that measures any signal like an A/D converter?

I need the second my friend, A digital circuit that measures any signal.

Well, you could use a Dallas 1-wire temperature sensor (DS18B20)...the interface is entirely digital. Is that what you mean?

Mike

thermal sensor

upand_at_them said:
Well, you could use a Dallas 1-wire temperature sensor (DS18B20)...the interface is entirely digital. Is that what you mean?

Mike
Thanks!you mean that i have to build circuit for measuring temperature depending on temperture sensor...may be ! i don't know.

Anyway could you tell me how to get a start with that!!

Thanks in advance!

Have you programmed PICs before? You'll need something to communicate with the sensor to get the temperature and probably the best thing to use is a microcontroller.

The minimum you'll need is:
PIC (I'd use a 16F628A)
PIC programmer
PIC compiler
DS18B20 temperature sensor

And either some kind of display (7-seg LED, LCD) or you could connect it to a PC to transmit the readings.

About everything you'll need to know for the PIC is on Nigel's website.

Mike

upand_at_them said:
Have you programmed PICs before? You'll need something to communicate with the sensor to get the temperature and probably the best thing to use is a microcontroller.
Not really, i'm learning about programming PIC but haven't yet programmed ...If I possibly make that project without using microcontroller it would be better I think!

Anyway I think that your viewpoint is right ,of course it's better for me to build the circuit by using PIC in order to train myself on what's i'm learning..
Discussing! Is that right?! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…