Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Megaphone question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.power

Hi guys,

As I know a horn just has a MOUTH and a THROAT. So What is that I showed in the below pic used in almost every megaphone???! Why the megaphones use that?

Thanks a bunch

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 99
Its part of the horn. A reverse horn if you will. It makes the horn path longer. It also serves as a plug to help spreed the sound.
It is sometimes called a utility horn. I could not fine a good drawing on the net. Maybe someone else mite have on.

Last edited:
Some times it is called a folded horn. If you take off the piece pointed to, and rotate it 180 then attached it to the back side of the horn you will get a horn that is twice as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back