Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin886

What kind of ic would be good for storing numbers
im trying to make a card with memory ic on it so i can add and subtract numbers.
subtracting by pressing a button
adding by electronics device

colin886 said:
What kind of ic would be good for storing numbers
im trying to make a card with memory ic on it so i can add and subtract numbers.
subtracting by pressing a button
adding by electronics device

How about a 74xx19y binary counter :wink:
y is either 1, 2, or 3. whichever one has an up/down pin on it. the xx is the logic family. HC for xx is good.

It takes a 4-bit binary number and there are two pins of interest. the clock, and the up/down pin. each time, the clock pin changes from -ve to +ve, (or the other way around on some devices), and the up/down pin is in the "up" state, a 1 is added to the number. If the up/down pin is in the "down" state instead, a 1 is subtracted from the number.

But it only works for binary numbers. a button can be an electronics device. Have you checked the datasheets for the above IC I mentioned above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back