Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Metrix OX530 repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chmuzz

Hi all,

I try to fix this oscilloscope, found in the trash bin of a high school (together with two power supplies, and a HeNe lase, all since repaired).

He had a power problem: no trace on power on, due to a bad solder joint in the SMPS. Once repaired, the trace reappears.
The time base is good, as well as the two channels : each one is able to detect a 1kHz 2V square wave, with good accuracy.

But the trace is blurred : at power on, the trace appears neat, and after a few seconds, it becomes blurred.

upload_2015-5-2_9-34-40.jpeg upload_2015-5-2_9-35-40.jpeg

The intensity setting does not work (the potentiometer is tested good): no action and no cut-off. The focus adjustment works, but doesn't solve the problem.
Gradually as the trace becomes blurred, the high voltage is reduced : at startup, -2000V on the cathode and Wenhelt, -1890V on focus. Then all these tensions are reduced, starting with the focus. The transformer T3 quickly becomes hot: there must be a short somewhere.
Whitout schematics, it's not easy to identify the problem.
All resistors and diodes near C1108...C1115, seems to be good on test. There is a pulse signal going through C1106, C1107 and C1115, but nothing, except some switching noise I think (something like 5mV, high frequency), is going through C1108 from the motherboard (one side of C1108 : -2000V, the other is at 0V).

DSC_0407.JPG DSC_0408.JPG DSC_0409.JPG DSC_0411.JPG
I've read this thread, which was very usefull, and this one too.
Despite this, I need help to repair it : schematics, or ideas.

The intensity setting does not work (the potentiometer is tested good): no action and no cut-off. The focus adjustment works, but doesn't solve the problem.
Correction : both potentiometers,focus and intensity, are fully functionnal.
The negative High voltages , measured on the tube socket :
Cathode : -2013V
G1 : (Wehnelt) :same voltage
Focus : -1662V
It seems to have a problem with the Wenhelt circuitry ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back