Micricontroller problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacks

Friends

I was wondering whether its possible to order a microcontroller PIC (PIC16F88)programmed with what I want the circuit to do. I have been surfing the internet and I am not getting any concrete evidence how to program the PIC myself. I have built the circuit and I am left with the PIC implementation, which I am a newbie. Thanks

Jacks

You'll need a programmer, they're not expensive. My Junebug has a socket for a 18F1320 but in a pinch you can drop a 16F88 into it as the programming and power pins are the same on both PICs.

What language are you programming with? ASM, C, BASIC, JAL?

Blueelectronics

I think I will have to use C program for it. However, I think it tricky because I have not done this and where to start ?? I am from your website and I am outside US, I think it will take a while to reach me. I do not know how to connect my circuit to the microcontroller, so I think that is the other problem.

Jacks

**broken link removed**

this link can help you to build a (jdm programmer) which is simple and easy to build and use!

about connecting the microcontroller to the circuit it depends on the role defined by your code of each pin; and the pin configuration of the microcontroller used (which can be can be known from its datasheet)!
so you have to post the schematic of your circuit and what you want from your microcontroller!

Thanks for your reply. Here is my circuit

**broken link removed**

It is the second comparator circuit from the top. Thanks

Jacks

I started with an "unofficial" diy pic programmer that caused me a lot of headaches, then I bought the pickit 2 from microchip, and it works without any problems. If you buy something like this: Product Search - microchipDIRECT
you get a tutorial that walks you through the basics. I think its worth it, and Microchip sent me mine in just a week, although I live in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…