Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micro-Controller fuel gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratocaster9

hey guys, its my 1st post here and i really need some good advice..
I m trying to build a module that can fit in with the fuel sensor, and store the fuel level at different times. But i got no idea about which micro-controller to use.. i should be able to connect the micro-controller to an external memory such as a mmc card that i can retrieve data from, and a real time clock to get event times..

Most Fuel sensors are Resistive. You should be able to build a resistance monitor of some sort..

Assuming you leave the existing fuel gauge in the vehicle, then there will be a voltage change across the sender as the fuel is consumed. In a moving vehicle, there is a lot of sloshing, so you will have to record a "running average" over about a 10sec window.

Most micro processors (PICs, et al) do not have much volatile ram, so you will have to store your samples in a non-volatile memory like an SD card.

What are your power requirements? Is this supposed to be battery powered? If so, I like the TI MSP430 series. There has been a lot of discussion of interfacing SD cards to u-controllers on the micro-controllers forum here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back