micro-Controller fuel gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratocaster9

hey guys, its my 1st post here and i really need some good advice..
I m trying to build a module that can fit in with the fuel sensor, and store the fuel level at different times. But i got no idea about which micro-controller to use.. i should be able to connect the micro-controller to an external memory such as a mmc card that i can retrieve data from, and a real time clock to get event times..

Assuming you leave the existing fuel gauge in the vehicle, then there will be a voltage change across the sender as the fuel is consumed. In a moving vehicle, there is a lot of sloshing, so you will have to record a "running average" over about a 10sec window.

Most micro processors (PICs, et al) do not have much volatile ram, so you will have to store your samples in a non-volatile memory like an SD card.

What are your power requirements? Is this supposed to be battery powered? If so, I like the TI MSP430 series. There has been a lot of discussion of interfacing SD cards to u-controllers on the micro-controllers forum here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…