Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MicroC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Have any of you guys heard of MicroC ??

It suposed to have liberaries to aid the interface of MMC /SD cards :D

only problem it costs like $200..

But from what i have found out from the help file it has the capability to edit and add to FAT32 /FAT16 files... Sounds like a really good thing if you ask me :p

Do you mean MikroC?
I have the EasyPIC4 board and love it, however I do not use their IDE nor compiler currently. I used it for a while and they do have a lot of nice prebuilt libraries which handle things like what you mentioned and seem to handle them well. A lot of their sample code uses their library functions so doesn't really show you much how to do things unless you feel like digging around looking in their libraries.
I stopped using their compiler and went back to MPLAB with hi-tech picc as I was used to not using masks to address bits on ports.

I use the free version for 'dabbling'. Recently started using C instead of assembly to speed things up for projects that do not require optimisation (like 8 channel PWM). Works quite nicely and the libraries are handy for testing. I've been meaning to buy it so I can use it for work when they ask for a quick'n'dirty solution to something.

Blueteeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back