Microcontroller Based Power Factor Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.....
I Want To Ask Abt 89c51 Based Power Factor Meter...
The Question Is Hw To Compare Leading Or Lagging Time Between Voltage &current Which May Be Derived From The Power System At Any Point?????????????

You use an A/D converter to sample the current and voltage waveforms. The values uniquely determine the phase. The phase difference is calculated and the cosine of the phase difference is the PF

Here are the 2 tricky parts:
1. Powering the uC. You may want to avoid a bulky transformer but your options are limited.
2. Isolating the system. In some cases- all plastic case, rubber buttons, no output ports- this isn't necessary. But that might somewhat limit your features.

Simple leading and lagging can be calculated from zero crossings. But if you're gonna do it on a micro you might as well go all the way and calculate it across the sum of the waveform, calculate RMS current, THD, etc.

ups

dear friend!

i want to make a ups .could u plz give me the schematic diagram of ups using microcontrollor 89c51.

I'm presently building up a kit project which uses an ADE7756AN as the power gathering data device.

Power factor controller

dear all,

good day,

please help me in phase angle finding between voltage and current.

I read a/d converter is find the phase angel and then phase angle multiply cos than we can get it but i don't know how to work.

I want to make one power factor correction controller for my project.

PLEASE MAIL ME IN RAJENGINEER@YMAIL.COM

Thank you,

raj

Last edited:
You all may want to read this if you can use a pic. They have some read good code to get you started too.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…