Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller Dilema!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOfHearts

Peace,

Im in a bit of a situation here. Im doing my project and I had been relying on working with AT89C51ED2 microcontroller from Atmel.

Its has 64K ROM with UART. It was very simple to program with the serial port. I used the "Flip" software by ATMEL to downwload the HEX file onto the chip.

Recrently, my last AT89C51ED2 IC got damaged and now I find that the DIP40 package has been discontinued everywhere.

Can some one help me find a suitable substitute (DIP40) for this chip for me please? How would I program this substitute (with which software on the computer)? It also has to have 64K ROM.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Peace,

Im in a bit of a situation here. Im doing my project and I had been relying on working with AT89C51ED2 microcontroller from Atmel.

Its has 64K ROM with UART. It was very simple to program with the serial port. I used the "Flip" software by ATMEL to downwload the HEX file onto the chip.

Recrently, my last AT89C51ED2 IC got damaged and now I find that the DIP40 package has been discontinued everywhere.

Can some one help me find a suitable substitute (DIP40) for this chip for me please? How would I program this substitute (with which software on the computer)? It also has to have 64K ROM.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Soldering a 44 pin QFP isn't hard. YOu can just drag it with your soldering iron. Are you able to get a SMD-to-40 DIP adaptor? YOu could just solder it on...no guarantees the pinout is going to be the same though unless the DIP adaptor is specially made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back