Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microprossor Driving Transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlt57sooner

I am actually pulsing a 555 timer with amicroprossor to give burst of 40 kHz. I would like to pulse the 555 with 12 volts instead of the five that comes out of the processor. I would like to know of a simple way to turn the 5 volts into 12 volts. The voltage shifter circuit also needs to be able to respond to the fast pulses very well. Thanks

Use this cct.

Attachments

• driv_410.gif
    driv_410.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 452
mlt57sooner said:
I am actually pulsing a 555 timer with amicroprossor to give burst of 40 kHz. I would like to pulse the 555 with 12 volts instead of the five that comes out of the processor. I would like to know of a simple way to turn the 5 volts into 12 volts. The voltage shifter circuit also needs to be able to respond to the fast pulses very well. Thanks

I'm presuming this relates to your other thread about increasing the output from a 555?.

Why are you using a 555 at all?, simply generate the 40KHz directly inside the PIC - try checking my IR PIC tutorials for details, where I generate the 38/40KHz to modulate the IR beam in a PIC.

He now has four threads on the same subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back