Minarik BCR 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm hoping someone can help me with wiring a controller I just acquired. I called Minarik and the guy said the unit was too old for him to help me. I'm connecting it to a 4-wire Bodine NSH 55 reversible motor. The motor has red, blue, yellow, and black wires, plus a green ground. The red and black are one pair, blue and yellow the other. But wiring the controller has me stumped. Does anyone know anything about this vintage unit? I've attached a photograph of the terminal block. Thanks, Scott

This is just a guess from messing with stuff like this so dont take my word for it.

A1,A2 armature winding

F1,F2 field winding

L1,L2 power in single phase

G earth

4,5 enable link (or possibly excitation voltage if a larger motor)

Look like it controls a dc motor, if your motor is dc then you need to find out which pair is armature and field.

You'd be better getting in touch with minarik if they are still around, guessing stuff is likely to blow it up.

Thanks. I'll test to identify which is the armature winding and which is the field. But Minarik said they couldn't help me. So I'll just have to proceed with caution.

Follow the wires back from 4&5, if they go to thin tracks on the board to ic's then its likely to be a control signal like enable, if they are hefty wires to larger components such as thyristors then they are a winding o/p.

Scott, I have the same unit and was wondering if you wouldn't mind posting a picture of the business side of the main power circuit breaker? I need to replace it, but unfortunately (for numerous reasons) I can't get the specific part number off of the breaker. I was able to obtain the following specs only: Airpax, 250V, 12 A. From the front, it appears to be an IPA series, but if you can get me the full spec I'd really appreciate it. Best regards, Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…