Mini 120khz Transmitter !! please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydog

Mini 120khz or 457khz, Transmitter !! please Help

Hi guy' iam trying to make a mini transmitter that can fit in side a tv coax plug it does not need to transmitter far only about 8ft and transmit on 120khz, or 457khz,
any help would be very much appreciated,

Last edited:
Why such a low frequency? The antennas will need to be very long so you might as well connect with wires.

Welcome jaydog!

Tire pressure monitoring xmitters use a 125khz center frequency. There are ICs (Atmel) available for this task. Might fit in a TV coax connector.

<EDIT>Meant to hit the EDIT button. Sorry for the repeat...

Last edited:
I think it's 457khz, I have the receiver it's a ferret locator. I would like to try to make a transmitter for it .

Saw your PM.

Look here.

Obviously not small enough as you indicated, just googling around the net.

If you want to build such a device, it would help us to know your current level of electronic experience, since building a reliable and (in your case) very small xmitter 0f this sort could be difficult.

Here is a simple, crystal controlled oscillator/transmitter circuit. Simple, but not all that easy to build:

I suggest crystal controlled as that is far simpler to build and have any real hope of signal stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…