Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini audio transformer, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

this is an old radio which I was told should contain a mini audio transformer but I don't see it! is it there?

Don't see one. It may have a large capacitor to the speaker and not a transformer.

this is an old radio

But it is not old enough, you need something from before about 1970.

JimB

I got a portable transistor radio as a gift in about 1958 that used audio transformer.

Here is the schematic of a 1955 Philips audio amplifier that used an expensive mini output transformer but they avoided using an expensive mini driver transformer:

Attachments

• Philips transistor amp-1955.PNG
    Philips transistor amp-1955.PNG
    186.7 KB · Views: 182
A trip down memory lane there AG.

I think there is a mistake in that schematic, the OC71 is a PNP transistor, the power rail at the top of the schematic should be the -ve rail.

In a PNP, the collector is negative with respect to the emitter.

JimB

I think there is a mistake in that schematic, the OC71 is a PNP transistor, the power rail at the top of the schematic should be the -ve rail.

In a PNP, the collector is negative with respect to the emitter.

JimB
I agree that in 1955 Philips got the polarity of the battery wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back